With your superior experience, you distinguish yourself within the department with your experience and knowledge of relevant IT, project management and innovative applications. You are able to further develop and professionalize the department, with project-based work, time management and results-oriented work being your spearheads.
You are responsible for managing customer wishes towards a detailed project plan. It is your job to properly coordinate and supervise projects. To do this, you communicate with the stakeholders: sales, operations, finance, customers, suppliers and of course colleagues and you ensure that deadlines will be achieved.
Together with your team and other colleagues, you will ensure that existing processes are optimized and set up as efficiently (LEAN) as possible.
In this position you are a member of the operations management team and you participate in the weekly MT meeting where you provide periodic updates on the status of (completed, ongoing, new and to be started) projects. You will also start relevant projects yourself that will take the organization to a higher level.
Further duties in this position include:
- Leading the team of logistics engineers:
- Leading, coaching and motivating team members to commit to shared goals
- Organizing consultation moments with the department
- Having conversations about performance, development and absenteeism
- Managing to continuously provide (completed, ongoing, new and to be started) projects with an up-to-date status.
- Managing the process in which new customers are guided until they are ‘live’ in a well-functioning logistics process. Parts of this are:
- Making an impact analysis for the required infrastructure
- Making a layout of the desired design and optimal approach and layout
- Create an action plan to properly set up the WMS
- Supervising the implementation of the implementation plan
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues from sales, operations and finance
- Contact our (international) IT suppliers and customers to set up automatic and manual data connections.
- Monitoring KPIs and challenging suppliers to achieve agreed goals. If these are not achieved, you initiate improvement projects.
- Supporting IT suppliers with questions or problems and solving them independently.
- Sharing knowledge and findings with your team, so that you can organize joint processes more efficiently.
- You show initiative and contribute to improvement proposals and innovation (including using the LEAN improvement methodology).